WHO WE ARE
Symbiomics is a biotechnology startup focused on developing high-performance biological products containing efficient microbes for multiple applications in agriculture. Our team is focused on translating state-of-the-art scientific knowledge into products that improve plant yield in a sustainable way, reducing environmental degradation. Every team member is encouraged to be bold in their ideas, challenge dogmas, and explore new ways of solving problems.
WHO YOU ARE
- You share Symbiomics’ mission and vision for a more sustainable future!
- You feel motivated by new challenges and the conception of novel ideas for solving problems with global impact.
- You are seeking to work in a young company that allows you to achieve great things.
- You are a professional with high capacity for organization and time management.
- You are a team player who can work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have self-awareness of the responsibility in performing excellent work!
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for a professional to play a fundamental role in the management of daily laboratory activities, ensuring operational efficiency, deadlines, and quality of results. The candidate will participate in the organization of experiments in the R&D pipelines, preparation of materials for experiments, relationship with suppliers and monitoring/execution of the laboratory’s work routine. The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in laboratory activities, critical thinking, and excellent organizational skills. Their role will be focused on:
- Create, optimize, and ensure the execution of Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs) for Molecular Biology and Microbiology activities.
- Organize maintenance plan and manage equipment usage.
- Implement biosafety protocols including workplace safety procedures, regulations and best practices.
- Manage stocks of supplies and reagents needed for the R&D pipeline.
- Relationship with suppliers to place and follow up, together with the administrative team, purchase orders and contracting of services.
- Ensure the execution of all activities of the R&D team and laboratory operation.
- Contribute to the success of the startup with novel insights and ideas!
- Degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, or related fields, or professional experience in any of these fields. (Just show us that you know your stuff!)
- Background in Molecular Biology and Microbiology routine techniques and equipment.
- Desirable experience in working with gene cloning, expression and purification of recombinant proteins and gene transfection.
- Desirable knowledge of general procedures and concepts of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Experience in the implementation of normative instructions, elaboration of biosafety manuals and team training.
- Effective planning and problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and a sense of autonomy.
It’s a plus:
- Experience in implementing tools for organizing laboratory activities.
- Experience in managing, training, and supervising teams.
- Knowledge in biosafety practices.
Workplace: Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the form and attach your resume here.